Monday, December 18, 2023

Mug Shot Monday: Peet's Xmas Mugs, Week Two

 



Here are two more Peet's Christmas mugs. I think these are the oldest ones. You'll notice (or maybe you won't!) that they have a rim around the top, which the others don't. I posted these together, even though I don't think they were from the same year, because together they act as a bridge between last week's design and next week's mug. Also, they both have a sort of Christmas Sweater motif. 

The mug on the right carries on with last week's snowflake design, while the one on the left heralds next week's music theme. The red mug is also the first one I saw with the Peet's & Joy logo. 

I kind of wish they'd kept this more traditional shape (all the older mugs have that lip) but I like all the designs and I enjoyed collecting them every year.  And I love breaking them out every December and recalling what seemed a truly magical time in my life. 

I have a free Ugly Christmas Sweater short story available (not that these mugs are ugly!). Details below, if you're interested.



Counting On Christmas

I originally wrote this short story for the Nine Naughty Novelists' Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. It's short—just two scenes--about Mike and Claire's (Let Me Count the Ways) first Christmas together. I always wondered how their weekend might have turned out. Did it live up to their expectations? Were all their fantasies fulfilled?

 

I got to explore the answer when I wrote Christmasing With You which will release next year as part of the Snowed in and Spiteful project! (see below for details).

And, in the meantime, download Counting On Christmas HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment