Sunday, December 10, 2023

Mug Shot Monday: Peet's Coffee Christmas Mugs Week One


 


For the next few weeks I’m going to be highlighting my Peet’s Christmas mugs. I have a lot of them. These have a snowflake design on a gold (?) background, with interiors that are either red or blue. The mug on the right is the only blue Christmas mug I have and I am conflicted about it. I have a complicated relationship with the color blue. 

See, my mother loved blue. So, in my mind it's always been her color. Besides which, she'd gotten it in her head that blue looked better if your hair was fair. If you had dark hair, on the other hand, as I did, she felt red was a better color. My sister, who is a year younger than I am, had lighter hair than I did, so she got dressed in blue all the time while I wore a lot of red. I grew to like red quite a lot, but there was a time when I felt like my sister was her favorite because she dressed her in "her" color. 

For most of my adult life I stayed away from blue. But lately I've been adding a lot more of it into my life. I'm still not quite sure what I think of this mug. I'll only drink tea in it, however. The red mug gets coffee, cocoa, occasionally some Lapsang Souchong. The blue mug only gets tea. Maybe some spiced cider. 

Fun note. I always thought my sister liked blue. Turns out she doesn't. She prefers red. And of course, I find that low key annoying. I'm telling you, sibling rivalry, man; it really never goes away. lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment