Monday, September 23, 2024

Mug Shot: Galveston Mug

 




I'm sure I mentioned this already, but I've been fascinated lately with all these partially glazed mugs. This one is from Galveston (duh). It looks super beachy and commemorates sea turtles--which are a big thing along the Texas coast. 

We took a trip here earlier this year with my grandson and my dog. We drove our Tesla, even though there are no super chargers on the island, making it necessary for us to stay some distance away, rather than within view of the beach. It was worth it, however, because one of my favorite features in the car is the range of environmental features--including one that allows you to leave your dog safely and comfortably in the car while you do other things. 

Always assuming your dog doesn't get severe separation anxiety. This particular dog actually LOVES staying in the car. 

In any case, I can't hear the name Galveston (or write posts like this, or use my really attractive mug, or even think about the town) without immediately having this song start playing in my mind. So here's an earworn to start your week. Sorry, Not Sorry. 

I personally consider this one of the best of the anti-war songs that came out in the mid-to-late 60s. It probably didn't hurt that it came out in the same year as the original True Grit (which starred Campbell). I mean how many times can we watch Glenn Campbell die heroically (or sing about it) without trying to stop it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment