Monday, July 1, 2024

Mug Shot: Destin Beach Mug


 

So I got this mug on a recent trip to Florida. I'd lived in Florida in the very early Oughts, and this was practically the first time I'd been back since. I assume the reason I picked this mug (well, one of them) is obvious: With it's bare clay (sand colored) bottom and the translucent turquoise glaze above, i t looks like the beach. The second reason is less obvious, although I've mentioned before that I've been loving that glaze combination lately, and now have several like it. 

The picture was taken outside our hotel in Fort Walton Beach. They have a little tiny (possibly faux) beach for guests. We were right across the parking lot from The Shack, which is a cute little place, right on the water, live music at night (live music at night even when you're in the hotel across the parking lot trying to sleep, but it was a Friday night and the music wasn't bad, so it was fine) and possibly the best Key Lime Pie you'll ever eat. Our waitress (Whitney) said she has a friend from the keys who agrees with that assessment. So, there you have it.  

Whenever I think of Florida, I think of this song that I used to listen to when we knew we were moving there--and out of the Best. House. Ever. in Paso Robles, CA.  I cried when we crossed the border on our way out of California, and cried again (from happiness) when I drove back two years later (you can read more about that HERE).

Now, I'm living in Texas. I'm still adjusting to that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment