Monday, May 27, 2024

Mug Shot Monday: The Peabody Hotel, Memphis TN






I went away recently (road trip! Yay!) and one of the places we stopped was Memphis where we stayed at the Peabody Hotel. 

It's a gorgeous, older hotel, very luxurious and historic, and everything is duck-themed (including duck shaped soap in the bathroom and ducks embroidered on the hand towels). They have a large central fountain in the lobby and a flock of ducks who swim there every day. 

It was trippy. And I wish I had a duck-themed excerpt to pair this post with, but sadly I don't. I mean...there's the Wild Geese Inn, but that's not at all the same. The Peabody is much larger and grander.

This mug is great and very unique. It's nice and hefty with a black, matte finish and ducks carved into it, rather than painted on, which makes for an interesting texture.

Anyway...Happy Memorial Day!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment