Monday, April 1, 2024

Mug Shot Monday:STARBUCKS EARTH DAY 2024 FLORAL RECYCLED 16oz GRANDE HOT CUP

 



It's not a secret that I like my coffee black--no sugar. Day and night. Cold brew in the summer--maybe--hot the majority of the time. But there are a few times a year that I make an exception to the plain black only rule. I like Irish Coffee on St Patrick's Day.  And I've been known to add a shot of Sambuca or Amaretto to my espresso every now and again. And then there are lattes. I treat myself to PSLs and gingerbread lattes throughout HallowThankMas season and in Spring and Summer there's nothing better than a lavender latte.

It's April now, so you know what's in that pretty green mug. And with Earth Day only weeks away, you know I'm drinking it out of a reusable, recycled mug. 

There are a few scents/flavors I didn't like as a child that I can't get enough of now--lavender, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cucumber. In many cases, it came down to not having had them prepared in a way that I liked. Broccoli is best smothered in Thai peanut sauce. Brussels sprouts MUST be roasted. Cucumber benefits hugely from balsamic vinegar--but only the good stuff. 

But lavender...I have no idea what I was thinking. I'll take it anyway I can get it now. It's magical. I made lavender meringue cookies for Easter and they were amazing. Full transparency: I tried to make lemon and matcha flavored ones as well, but sadly they fell apart in the oven.

Happy Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment