Monday, October 23, 2023

Mug Shot post: The Crone's Nest Mug


 Today's mug shot is in honor of tomorrow's re-release of A Sight to Dream Of. I made up these mugs a few years ago (They are available for purchase, btw. If you're interested, drop me a line!) so that I could feel like I was hanging out in Oberon with the crew.

Which reminds me! I wrote a quick vignette a while back, in which I let myself visit Oberon. You can find the link for that below.

I'm sure I've mentioned it numerous times, but--IMO--the Crone's Nest is the heart of Oberon. Almost every book either begins or ends with a scene there in the first few, or last few chapters. NOT book nine, because almost everyone (including Marsha) are out of town for most of that book. The kids are left holding down the fort (and they ended up hanging out at the bakery, IIRC).

The "real life" Crone's Nest was an amalgamation of a few Berkeley coffee shops that I used to hang out in with MY friends.  





Going Back to Oberon


This story started out as a feature on Cabin Goddess’s “Fourth Wall Friday” blog. Authors were invited to put themselves into a scene where they interacted with their characters. I had a great deal of fun imagining myself returning to the scene of my very first series. It started me thinking about all the stories I hadn't told yet. And it really motivated me to start getting some of those ideas out there.

https://claims.prolificworks.com/free/tFfHiT3M

 



No comments:

Post a Comment