Monday, February 10, 2025

Mug Shot: Lusterware


 

This is lusterware (or Lustreware, depending on where you are in the world. It was popular about a hundred years ago, in the Art Deco era. I fell in love with it because my grandmother had some. These are not her pieces, but they are from about the same time period. I have an entire tea set--teapot, sugar and creamer set, cups, saucers and plates. 

The quote in the picture is from my upcoming release, Giada Mazzi is Living her Best Life. I wasn't planning on releasing it just yet, but needs must. 

https://books2read.com/GiadaMazzi

Giada Mazzi is Living her Best Life

A Games We Play/Whole Latte Love Story

 

Life is more than just the lies we try and tell ourselves about what we’ve done and who we are.

​

 I guess the truth is that I never stopped loving Ben. And I never stopped imagining how different my life might have been if he were only the person that I needed him to be, instead of the person that he is. Which is silly, right? I mean, truly; it’s laughable. Because if he were someone else, he wouldn’t be him.  And the world is already full of people like that. What good is one more gonna do me?

​

Besides, if I’m honest, Ben wasn’t ever the problem. That was me. I was never the person he believed me to be. Oh, I thought I was, in the beginning. I tried hard to be, and that worked for a while. Sort of. But eventually I reached the point where I had to make a choice between living life for myself, or for everyone else.

​

And when it came right down to it…how could I not choose me?

No comments:

Post a Comment