Monday, August 5, 2024

Mug Shot: Longhorn Mug

 



This is a mug that my husband picked out on a recent trip to Dallas. I think we found it in Buc-ee's. Hubs is a big tea drinker, but he doesn't usually care about mugs. That's why it was somewhat surprising when he decided to get this one...or, you know, any mug whatsoever. 

Maybe it shouldn't be. Thirty-some-odd-years-ago, while we were in the process of moving cross-country, he did pick up a longhorn skull that for many years hung over a procession of fireplaces. It disappeared in the course of one of our moves (as happens with far too many of my possessions--which probably accounts for my trauma response of hoarding everything).

I think this mug is giving very late eighties vibes, which might be why he likes it so much. Plus we're in Texas.  Really there's nothing else to say about this other than that I probably should save all these mugs for next year when I debut the Heartwood, TX series. 

But here's the link to the series page, if you'd like to take a look at what's coming: https://www.pgforte.com/heartwood-texas

No comments:

Post a Comment