Sunday, August 7, 2022

Naughty Is As Naughty Does

Before the Nine Naughty Novelists (which I still affectionately think of as N cubed--I even got a tattoo) came along I didn't really care for the word naughty. I thought it was a little silly. In fact the only way they got me on board with the name was through the addition of the word Nine. I couldn't resist the alliteration. Also, in my head I kept hearing Sesame Street's Count intoning, "Nine. Nine Naughty Novelists. Heh, heh, heh," and I was a goner. 

Now, even though 9NN is no more, I'm still primed to react positively to the word naughty. In fact, I'm primed to rush the gate without thinking, which is why, for the NEXT THREE CHRISTMASES I'll be writing Naughty Christmas stories. Assuming the world survives that long. Here's a look ahead...

First up, releasing this November is the first Let's Get Naughty anthology--with one of the most gorgeous covers I've ever seen. 


Pre-Order it here: 

https://books2read.com/letsgetnaughty

Seriously, how could I  resist a cover like that? Well, obviously I couldn't. My story for this anthology is Christmasing With You. This is an expanded version of a short Ugly Christmas Sweater story I wrote in conjunction with the Nine Naughty Novelists several years ago. It features Mike and Claire from Let Me Count the Ways (LA Love Lessons, book 3). Here's the blurb:

The sweater was just the beginning…

Mike's been a very good boy this year and Santa Claire has the perfect present picked out for him—one that's both naughty and nice!

One more disaster could be the end…

Mike and Claire were hoping their first Christmas together would be unforgettable. But when their sexy, adult-film-themed weekend abruptly veers into low-budget, chiller-diller territory, they’re left to worry that this Christmas will turn out to be memorable in all the worst ways.

An isolated cabin, a winter storm, a hungry cougar—what could possibly go wrong? In a word: everything.​

It's a cute story. There's role playing, a little BDSM-lite, adult Christmas toys, and lots of obscene Christmas decorations. Who even knew that was a thing?  Plus, of course, the obligatory Ugly Christmas Sweater. 

Then, in October 2023, Let's Get Naughty 2 releases! I signed up for that one when I got wait-listed for LGN 1. Then, as luck would have it, I got into both! That has a gorgeous cover, as well, but apparently, we're not allowed to share that one yet. I have two stories in mind for that one. I guess we'll see which one is speaking louder to me when I get around to writing it next year. But, if you'd like a hint, one is another LA Love Lessons spin-off featuring April and Zach and a whole cast of wacky characters and is set in the woods near Ojai. Working title: Last Room at the Inn. The other is an Oberon Christmas story called, Christmas Every Day and features Lucy and Dan. Lucy gets caught in a holiday time-warp in that one, a la Groundhog Day. 

THEN, on December 8, 2024, I'll be releasing Spicy Nick in conjunction with The Naughty List series. I'm probably not supposed to share that cover yet either, so shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone. 



Cute, right? This time it was the TITLE that got to me. I'm old enough to remember a commercial about "speecy, spicy meatballs." And, well, Nick and meatballs go together, so...

I don't really have a plan for this one yet, but I know it takes place immediately after Scout's trip to LA as detailed in, I'll Be Home For Christmas. I figured that she needed a treat after that upsetting experience. 

The next few years are going to be VERY Christmas-centric. I also have a couple of vampire Christmas stories that I'll be releasing, a steampunk collection, and Christmas Angel which will first debut in May 16, 2023 as part of the Redemption Fallen Angel Anthology. Which also has an awesome cover: 


Also available for pre-order now:

https://books2read.com/b/br1JkE


Here's the current blurb. It's a work in progress and names are subject to change:

You’ve heard this story a hundred times before. Well. A dozen times, anyway. It’s a Christmas classic: Cranky guy dies without learning the true meaning of the season, gets turned into an angel and is given the job of saving someone else from suffering the same unhappy fate. 

 

Usually it’s billed as a romance, or at least as feel-good, family fun. Which is ridiculous. Even Dickens, the man who invented cheesy Christmas stories, knew better than that. His Marley was miserable, as who wouldn’t be in his situation?  Which also happens to be my situation. 

 

Hi. My name is Jacob. I’m an angel. And this is my story...


No comments:

Post a Comment