Monday, November 20, 2023

Mug Shot: Thankful (Mudpie mug)

 


You know what I love? Hardware stores that think they're department stores. They're like Home Goods, but with tools and lumber. One of the fun things I remember doing with my dad when I was really young was going to the hardware store--they were JUST hardware stores back then, and that was fine. But nowadays, I love going out to buy keys or a new rubber mallet--because mine walked away, at some point--or maybe a new drill. And coming back with dishes or candles, or a cute statue of an angel holding a puppy (my dog died last summer. I'm entitled!). Or a new mug. 

This week's featured mug is my Thankful mug from Mudpie. I bought it last Autumn in just such a hardware store in Wimberley, Texas. 

Wimberley, in case you don't know, is the cutest, quaintest, smallest small town you could ever imagine. Well...the downtown is small. The town itself is kind of spread out. It's rural though, so there aren't a lot of roads and they're all hilly and winding and prone to flooding in a heavy rain. My son lives there now and I might end up moving there, at some point, as well. Although really, all that will mean is that my husband and I will be making daily trips back to Kyle (where we're living now) for Thai food and movies and Crumbl cookies. 

What I love about this mug--besides the reminder to be thankful--is the country feel of it. I plan on using it exclusively next year (or the year after? IDK) when I finally get around to writing Going Up the Country

On the mug tree behind it are some of my seasonal Fall mugs. Including two Rae Dunn mugs (yeah, I'm Cheugy like that) and three Peet's Coffee mugs in Autumnal shades. I have a nice selection of Christmas ones as well. Those will be going up next month. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment