Wednesday, December 20, 2023

What I'm reading for December 20, 2023


I read across a fairly wide range of genres. Which I guess shouldn't be too much of a surprise given how many sub-genres I write in. And if I  had to pick a favorite, for either reading or writing, it would have to be a blend. Again, not a surprise. I write the kinds of books I like to read. 

This past week I read two books by K.L.. Noone: Snowed in: Kit and Harry and Midwinter Firelight--which is a sequel, of sorts. And which was, honestly, somewhat difficult to find!

They're part of her Demon Universe series, except most of those are contemporary and these are not. They're MM paranormal romances set in an alternative Regency England, one that accepts and supports both those things. 

Regency was my gateway romance--via a box of books that was donated to my family after our house burned down when I was eleven. So there's still a lot of comfort and familiarity in that world. There were also a few gothic thrillers in that box, as well. So grumpy-sunshine, one of them titled, snowed in together in an isolated manor house while a storm and unseen, hostile, possibly supernatural forces rage outside...yep. That pushes ALL my buttons. 

They're not hugely suspenseful--which, again, is something I happen to like. Especially as a break from tormenting my own characters. And, honestly, I found them perfect for reading over the holiday season. Light and engaging filled with snow and holiday cheer. 

Best of all, there's a sequel to the sequel--Midwinter Music--due out later this week! I can't wait.

Oddly, they reminded me of Allie Therin's Magic in Manhattan and Roaring Twenties Magic books...even though, I know, entirely different time periods. 




No comments:

Post a Comment